The Fugates in Moscow

The Fugates in Moscow

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Completed Our Official Application

Well, yesterday we completed our official application/contract with CHI. Although we have already been approved to procede with the adoption process, this paperwork allowed the ball to start rolling for other parts of the adoption.

For starters, we are now having our homestudy started. We meet with our social worker this weekend. She called and set up a time. We will meet with her twice before she comes to our house for the final visit. I have read on other people's blogs that the social worker asks a lot of personal questions. I guess that it is important to make sure that an unstable person or couple is attempting to adopt. However, since both Lisa and I work with children all day, I don't think that we will have an issues.

I am a little nervous. I know that having a baby in the house will change our entire life. However, I am ready for it. I never felt ready before, and therefore, I never wanted kids. That is all different now. I feel ready. I am ready. I guess that it is different for everyone. Some people have kids in their early 20's. I waited until my mid-30's. But life is like that....it is a different experience for everyone.

Wish us luck on our homestudy visit. I'll blog more later! :-) If you haven't had a chance to donate to our adoption fund, visit http://www.alonzofugate.com/changingalifeforever.htm . Thanks and God Bless!

No comments:

How Long?